Monday, February 7, 2011

Hello world!

Here I am everyone!


I have to say it was a pretty wild experience all in all. My mom woke up around 1 a.m. with somewhat serious contractions and by 9:30 her water broke. By the time we got to the hospital her contractions were getting pretty close together and she was in pretty serious pain. So they gave her an epidural to ease the pain, which worked immediately and very effectively. Except, out of nowhere my heart rate dropped very low and the doctors were having a hard time getting it back up. My Dad said he had only gotten to the hospital for a few minutes and there were like seven people in scrubs running into her room. They started to wheel her off to emergency surgery but then my heart rate came back up. Dad was pretty scared. This happened about four times so they decided to do the surgery and then next thing I knew I was here.

I once heard of this comedian, Steven Wright, who said he was born C-Section so now every time he leaves a house he goes through the window. (Little comedy for the fans).

So here I am making my grand entrance. That's my head coming out of my Mom's belly. Pretty cool, right?


Dad took almost all of these pictures right in the operating room. He said that was an experience he will definitely never forget.

He is my hand emerging from my previous living arrangement.


Here I am again with SOME of the doctors and nurses who were part of my welcoming party. See them holding me in the foreground?


That's my Dad cutting my umbilical cord.



Here I am getting weighed. 8 pounds 1 ounce and 21 inches long.

Here's Dad trying to comfort my while they finished Mom's surgery. This is right in the operating room. I was crying so hard, but when I heard my Dad's voice I immediately settled down and tried to look for him.


And here I am meeting my Mom for the very first time.


And here I am meeting my Mom for the very first time. Pretty cool.

3 comments:

  1. Pretty nice pics...we love the one of you and your Mommy. Isn't it amazing how fast you fall in love with someone you just meet?

    Looks like your Dad did some impressive trim work on your cord. We knew he would do a great job when the time came. My Dad cut mine too and now it fell off! But I guess that's supposed to happen. Nothing is there except they tell me I have a cute little belly button. It's an "inny."

    I know it's embarrassing to get your picture taken on the scales, but it looks like you're a healthy baby boy. My Mommy still takes me to the doctor every month and I have to do the same thing...ugh! You have beautiful dark hair and lots of it! Looks like your Mommy's. I don't have as much hair and for some reason they call it "peach fuzz." My Mom makes me wear bows a lot and says "we have to make up for it."

    Well, it was really nice to get a peak of your arrival. Get ready, because the pictures never stop...even when you're trying to sleep!

    We Love You!

    Baby Ella (Uncle Bri and Aunt Abby too...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures and story are amazing! We love you Ramsey, and your mom and dad too. I really feel like we were there :)

    (sorry, can't do the "blogging from the kid perspective" thing; plus, how would I do it? Which kid?)

    Either way--this is awesome!!! Excited to be an auntie twice over now, and can't wait to meet the sweet little guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!

    Najwa's face is priceless.

    So happy for you guys!

    -The Haslams

    ReplyDelete