Friday, April 8, 2011

Happy Opening Day

My Dad says Opening Day is an unofficial American holiday. After what I saw today I can hardly disagree. For starters, it really is the unofficial first day of spring. And it's the best day of the year for the optimists among us because every team is a contender. But there's more. There are former players and fighter jet flyovers. We even rocked out with these guys.

Live!

There's also tons of history and tradition (RIP Ernie) and no small amount of patriotism.


Mom kept telling me about all the other times I've been to AT&T Park in her belly. I even got a certificate commemorating my first game.

This year was extra special because we saw the Giants raise the World Series Championship banner.


It was all so awesome, but I got hungry. And when I get hungry I get cranky. So I made my Dad leave before the Giants won on a walk off hit in the bottom of the 12th. He didn't seem to mind. He kept saying it was the best day ever. Maybe it is. Or maybe it's just the beginning of another year.

No comments:

Post a Comment